5 Reasons That Should Convince You to Acquire A Broad Overview Of Portable Hyperbaric Abducted Children Time to Apply Affordable Health Insurance in North An Insight On Monoplace Hyperbaric Oxygen Application Areas Of Vacuum Chambers Bespoke Trophies and Medals from Jaycee Bhagtani Sapphire Affordable Spaces Bhagtani Sapphire Magnificence Living at Dahisar Bhagtani Sapphire Splendour Living Bring Home In North Dakota Chamber of Commerces Are Outdated Characteristics of Different Vacuum Chambers Climate Change Could bring New Opportunities Comprehensive understanding of the measures to benefit Corrosive Gas Test Chambers Manufacturer in India Education Jobs in North Dakota Escape Paralysis and Why Abuse Ever Heard of Farmers Evolution Of Hyperbaric Therapy Fannie Merritt Farmer Mother of the American Farmer Wants a Wife Farmers Auto Insurance Company Review Farmers Insurance The Skeptics Review Farmers Markets Are Everything To Local Farmers Need to be Paid Feeling Trapped in Resentment Here Are Five Four Types of Marketing Getting Every Penny on the Table How Jaycee Dugard Became Free News How To Earn Off Farm Humidity And Humidity Test Chamber Manufacturer Jaycee Dugard One Year Later Jaycee Lee Dugard Nancy and Phillip Jaycees Family Should Use the Press Keep on Keepin on Until Know Your Ego Lost and Found the Case of Jaycee Lucrative North Dakota Jobs Inviting Making the Most of Your Motorhome Lodgings In North Dakota Moving to North Dakota North Dakota Casinos North Dakota Housing and Other Striking North Dakota Real Estate North Dakotas Revitalization Plan Oil Rig Jobs North Dakota Employment Online Farmer How A Typical Plant Test Chamber And Customized Plant Test Chamber For Research And Development Portable Mobile Customized Mortuary Cold Chamber Rahul Gandhis efforts bring Rahul Gandhis struggle for farmers Reconnecting with Nature and the Past Reenergize Yourself through North Dakota Romantic Destinations in North Dakota Should You Buy An Autoclave With So You Want To Be A Farmer So2 Test Chamber Used Some North Dakota Residents Should Step Up and Make A Difference Stormpay 12 Daily Pro and the Internet Stress and Time Management 17 Tips Temperature Controlled Salt Spray Fog Test Testifying For the Future of Maryland The Bakken Oil Field In North The Benefits of Hyperbaric Chambers The Complexities of Long Term The First Line Manager Define The History of the Farmers The Jaycee Lee Dugard Case Why We Must The Kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard News The chamber was founded Advertising Broadcast Ultra Low Temperature Test Chamber For Pharmaceutical Unique Tax Rules For Farmers and Ranchers Value Galore Found in Chamber Where to Meet Singles in North
A Brief History Of The Master Advantages Of Public Relations Antispam Organization Are You A Reality Asics Cricket Partnership Off To A Winning Attend A Celebrity Shoe Brief Information About Master Limited Choosing The Right Shotgun Core Values Creativity Produces Profit Creativity Customs trade Partnership Against Definition Of Creativity Discover Your True Reality From Does Your Morning Routine Support Exercises To Encourage Creativity Five Common Causes Of Employee Golf Tips Healthy Weight Loss Is A Partnership Hmb Oddity Muscle Building Supplements Research How To Deal With Consumer Motivation Imagine How Creativity Works Integrate Creativity Into Your Life Knowing When To Take Action Make The Most Of Time Making Your Wish List Mistakes In Conducting Online Market Noc Services For Organization Help Organization For The Home Outlining An Authentic Research Paper Panda Research Scam Debunked Panda Research Scam Doesnt Hold Part 2 Asset Protection Partnership Metrics A Way To Measure Personal Development Plan Template Price Action Forex Trading Strategies Proper Sprinting Technique Using Reality Tv Shows For Entertainment Research Paper Topics Make Six Steps To Innovative Action Surviving Infidelity Advice Teacher Success Hinges On Organization The Ethics Of Phase The Harsh Reality And Beginners The Importance Of Action The Importance Of Market The Mres Clinical Research Masters Course The Perks Of Hiring A Professional The Reality Of Becoming A Truck The Reality Of Reality Tv Things To Consider In Partnership Establishment Three Myths About Creativity Top 5 Benefits Of Home Organization What Makes A Good Where Does Creativity Come From Who Is Big Pharma Drug Company Why Are Reality Shows So Popular Why Should You Be Trading Price Your Self help To Creativity
Six Steps To Innovative ActionIf you've ever taken a shower or gone on a walk, then you've had an idea. If you've ever been to a meeting, then youâ€™ve either shared or heard idea. And even though you've had plenty of new ideas, do you consider yourself creative? Many people don't - no matter how many new ideas they have each day.
If you think idea generation is directly related to innovation, and you don't think you are very creative, your ability to be innovative will be hampered.
In reality, generating ideas is just one part of the innovation process; recognizing that you need more than ideas is an important step towards being more innovative.
There are six specific things you can do to generate innovations individually or as the leader of a group. These steps will predictably lead you to more than just better ideas but to innovations that - when implemented - will make a difference in your results.
The next time you are facing a challenge, opportunity or problem personally, as part of a team or within an organization you lead, walk through these six steps.
1. Agree on the situation. The best place to begin in any problem solving or innovation project is to have a clear understanding and mutual agreement on what the problem, situation or opportunity is. Take the time to get past what might seem obvious. Experience shows that many opportunities are never fully capitalized on because this initial step is never completed.
2. Step back for a look. Once you have a clear understanding of the focus of your innovation, step back and gain some perspective. This may be done by asking questions to prompt a new perspective and/or by providing time and space before continuing the innovation process. If possible, pose some perspective changing questions and table the task until later. While you certainly want to discuss your situation from new perspectives, it is also helpful to give people time to soak on these perspectives.
3. Take stock of what you've got. Give yourself or the group time to take inventory of what resources, ideas and strengths you already possess that will help you in this innovation exercise. Too often these things arenâ€™t considered until much later. By considering and inventorying them now, it will begin to spur ideas and allow your innovations to complement your strengths and resources.
4. Affirm that you can. In order to create more ideas, you must believe that you can. Doing the first three steps primes the ideas in your mind, creating a process for spurring ideas and providing proof that you can do it. Make no mistake, your belief that we can be creative is important. Taking the first three steps here will automatically bolster your belief through action.
5. Rev up your thinking. This is the traditional step of brainstorming (in other words this is where most people start this process!). When you rev the motor of your car, you put the â€śpedal to the metal.â€ť When you rev up your thinking, we put your mental pedal to the medal. Remove all limitations to your thinking. Use all of the work you have done up until now to get started, but dive into your situation and think of any and all ideas that could possibly help solve your problem or help you capitalize on the situation.
6. Think Yes! Once you have a large (even tremendous) list of ideas, review them looking for yeses. Yeses are things that could be implemented or could be part of a solution. Donâ€™t simply look for the single, right answer. Think instead in terms of how many of these ideas to which you can say yes. How many of them can become a part of your solution? Once you have your list of yeses, you are ready for the next step.
The next step?
You may be thinking, "but, Kevin, you told me there were six steps." You're right, that is exactly what I said; but really there are seven. The seventh step comes from the first letters of the other six: A START.
The next step is to recognize that all of the other steps are just a start. What comes next is to actually start.
All rights reserved
Copyright © 2013 The ORCA Partnership